Thursday, December 15, 2011

Cheesy Potato Soup


Nothing beats warm soup on a cold winter day. Especially creamy potato soup. My friend Jamie made this soup for me after I had my last daughter and I was HOOKED. Every time I make it for company it gets rave reviews and I'm always asked for the recipe. I usually serve it in bread bowls but for this picture I forgot to buy them so I just made rolls.






5 Large potatoes, peeled and cut into bite size pieces
1 stick of butter
2 cans chicken broth
5 cups of whole or 2% milk
4 green onions, diced
1 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 cup sour cream
2 1/2 cups shredded cheese (more or less)
4 TBSP corn starch for thickening
1 TBSP of salt and pepper

Boil potatoes until tender. Prepare your 4 TBSP of corn starch according to the package directions in a small bowl. In a large soup pot melt the butter. Add broth and milk. Slowly stir in corn starch and stir until thickened. Add onions, bacon, sour cream, potatoes, salt and pepper and cheese. Heat until boiling and cheese is melted.

Garnish with a little more shredded cheese on top or more green onions.

Adrienne

No comments: