Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Hanging Lantern Wall





One of my favorite shows on TV is HGTV's Design Star. I love seeing what the designers come up with. One of my favorites this season was Meg (she was the season winner). In one of her tasks she made up a hanging lantern wall. I knew as soon as I saw it I wanted to try it. I wanted mine on a smaller scale. I didn't have the wall space for as big of one as she did. I also didn't want black. I have a lot of dark furniture so I want something not so heavy to off set my dark furniture.





Here's my inspiration, Meg's wall...


I found the lanterns at IKEA for $3.99 each. If you don't have an IKEA near you, I'm sorry. :) That store is the bomb! I was just going to use a piece of plywood that I was going to have Home Depot cut and then I was going to white wash it but as I was walking through the clearance section at IKEA I found this board for $1.99! It's actually a bed rail and it was already painted and pre drilled. Talk about an awesome find!

I found this knob at Anthropologie and a bunch of other knobs I loved but there is no way I was going to pay $12.00 per knob!!


So I decided to make my own out of unfinished knobs (around $1) from Home Depot, scrapbook paper, and Mod Podge.

Turned out pretty good if I do say so myself!
I just measured and screwed in the knobs equally spaced to the board and screwed the board to the wall. I then used twine to hang the lanterns at different heights. Everything else was decorations I already had on hand.



If you missed the post about the bench made from a sofa table (pictured above) here's that link

Adrienne

4 comments:

alexandra thomas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
alexandra thomas said...

Many people don't like to obtain something that demands special care, so most weighted blankets arrive with a slip-off cover or are capable of going in the washing machine just as they are on www.familycookware.com.

roteaski said...

Bonuses wholesale sex toys,love dolls,vibrators,male sex dolls,realistic dildo,sex chair,sex chair,wholesale sex toys,vibrators Continued

shoanel said...

gr178 stone island duksevi,geoxportugaloutlet,quayshop,zavetti canada dames,longchamp uk,rab danmark,stone island φουτερ,longchampslovenija,stone island cz ue021